Welcome to Blog on the Altar

G'day! Welcome to Blog on the Altar, a blog for fans of Arkham Horror: The Living Card Game. Here you will find pack reviews, state of the game updates and other topics worth discussion. But most importantly, here you will find all weekly updates to the Arkham Horror: Tall Tales weekly scenario challenges.

A question I ask myself constantly is why do I particular enjoy this game? Is it the puzzles that this game produces in both deck building and the tactics this game provides you in each scenario? Could it be the formats unique game style? A game in which not only are you fighting a common enemy with your friends but also have special cards in hand necessary to do so. 

The reason i believe  I enjoy this game is the camaraderie and community. The ability to share your experience with other across the table or across the globe. No other game has you strive to share your stories like Arkham Horror. Your struggles and tribulations. Your victories and defeats. No matter the outcome. It's the journey you took by yourself or with up to 3 other players. It's the reddit post or discord update you shared to friends, sometimes in other countries entirely. It's sharing your favourite deck, investigator, scenario. It's sharing resources when playing Stand Together at a crucial moment in the game. 

I have one goal with the Blog. And i'll uphold myself to deliver as feasibly possible on a weekly basis. Share. Give back to the community that helped with rules explanations. That sent cards overseas to help complete my burgeoning collection. That provide entire discord servers and Youtube content for me and you to enjoy. 

As this blog evolves, my hope is to expand everyone's knowledge, new and old players alike to every facet of the community as a whole. Links to Youtube content, Pateron services for fans, other blogs and forums of discussion.

Not only this, weekly I will post here your weekly Arkham Tall Tales Challenge!

You can email me at blogonthealtar@gmail.com

You can find me by the moniker 'Doovies' on Reddit, Patreon, Discord and the Arkham Database (ArkhamDB).

Keep in touch. Recommend what you'd like to see on this blog! Maybe you'd like some of your decks featured here?

 - Doovies.

Comments